Apple iPad And iPhone 4 Top eBay’s Most Popular Searches For 2010
With eBay handling more than 2 billion U.S. product searches a quarter, the marketplace can show what items are most desirable in a given time. We recently wrote about what was trending on eBay during the holiday shopping period, and today the market place is releasing its most popular product searches in 2010.
Apple dominated the list, with the iPad and iPhone 4 taking the top two spots, respectively. These gadgets were followed by Victoria’s Secret, Nintendo Wii Games, Nintendo DS, Playstation 3, Nikon d90, diamond ring, sunglasses and laptops.
While there were some outliers in the list (i.e. Victoria’s Secret), it seems that searches on the marketplace were dominated by electronics and gadgets. The iPhone 4 actually topped eBay’s “top shopped” list, which revealed top products that consumers actually bought (as opposed to searched for) on eBay. In terms of top shopped, the iPad followed the iPhone 4 in fifth place.
Collectively, the iPhone 4 (which sold 1.6 million related products) and the iPad accounted for over 2.2 million related products sold (this includes cases, etc.).
Interestingly, neither the iPad or iPhone 4 made Amazon’s top products list this year (both are not sold on Amazon); the Kindle took the stop spot on Amazon’s list.
- eBay’s Top Holiday Product Searches: Nintendo Wii; Xbox Kinect And Ugly Christmas Sweaters
- eBay: Searches For Royal Wedding Products Up 1,815 Percent In 2011
- eBay Saw Over 2 Billion U.S. Product Searches In Q3; Amazon Saw Only 847 Million
- Apple iPad Makes It To Time’s ‘50 Best Inventions of 2010? List
- eBay’s iPhone App Combines Buying And Selling, Adds Barcode Scanning From RedLaser