EU Wants Power To Block China’s Tech Buying
itwbennett writes “In an interview with German daily paper Handelsblatt, the EU’s industry commissioner Antonio Tajani said he wants the power to block China from buying up European tech companies. Tajani envisions an authority along the same lines as the United States’ Committee on Foreign Investment and would determine ‘if the acquisition (of a company) with European know-how by a private or public foreign company represented a danger or not.’”
- China’s Alibaba Interested In Buying Yahoo
- Google Asks US For WTO Block On China Censorship
- Tippr Acquires WhitePages’ Group Buying Site DealPop
- If Amazon Got LoveFilm At A $312m Valuation – Who Is Buying The Drinks Tonight?
- Your Neighborhood Data Visualized: Startup Builds Census Map Block by Block