Begun The Talent Wars Have – How Twitter’s London HQ Could Woo Google Staff
We’ve reported before about how the escalating war for talent in Silicon Valley is effectively creating a kind of arms race between tech companies.
For example, Google is offering employees a 10% pay increase for 2011; companies like About.me are getting acquired days after launch; and job postings in the IT industry are shooting to astronomical levels. Even Google’s Eric Schmidt has admitted to this battle.
Facebook, Google, Zynga and Twitter are hiring like crazy – and this insatiable desire for staff is likely to spill over into other countries. And perhaps the obvious first target outside of the Valley is London: English speaking, and a magnet for existing tech people in Europe working for US multinationals. And the latest to consider extending its reach there is Twitter.
- A Look At Who’s Winning The Talent Wars In Tech (Hint: It Rhymes With Twitter)
- Twitter Starts Hiring Sales People In London – But Stays Coy About A Euro HQ
- Twitter Gets Its Guy For London Office, As Super-injunction Row Rolls On
- Data Center Staff Will Sleep Among the Racks For London Olympics
- A Look At Who’s Winning The Talent Wars In Tech (Hint: It Rhymes With Facebook)