Hitwise: Facebook Overtakes Google To Become Most Visited Website In 2010
According to Hitwise data released today, Facebook.com was the top visited website in the US in 2010, taking up 8.93 % of site visits between January and November 2010. Google.com came in second at 7.19%, Yahoo Mail is third with 3.52% and Yahoo.com is fourth at 3.30%. YouTube came in fifth at 2.65 %.
While this is the first time Facebook has been named most visited site of the year (crowding out last year’s winner Google), the visits to Google properties combined still cover 9.85% of all site visits, making Google still a formidable opponent. “Facebook” also ranked #1 for most searched term of the year directly in front of the hilarious “Facebook login” at #2.
You can read the full results here.
- Facebook: The Internet’s Most Searched & Visited Site Of 2011
- Hitwise: Facebook Accounts For 1 In 4 Page Views In The U.S.
- Hitwise: Groupon Is Getting 79% Of U.S. Group-Buying Visits Vs. 8% For LivingSocial
- Facebook Overthrows Yahoo To Become The World’s Third Largest Website
- Hitwise: Google+ Approaches 50 Million Monthly Visits