Dashwire Raises Another $1 Million For Mobile Services Platform
Dashwire’s Dashworks platform (PDF) is a “mobile-plus-web app” solution that helps people setup their phones, migrate from one device to another, backup everything on the phone, keep it in sync online and share photos and videos with others through social networking services.
The platform is available for Android, Windows Mobile, Symbian and BlackBerry.
Dashwire is privately held and based in Seattle. According to its about page, the company is backed by investors who “built the wireless and technology industries” at McCaw Cellular, Western Wireless, Voicestream, Nextel, China Unicom, and Microsoft; and by Best Buy Capital.
Founder and CEO of Dashwire is Ford Davidson, a former Product Manager in the Mobile Devices group at Microsoft.
- LOC-AID Raises $13 Million For Location-Based Services Platform
- Sparkfly Raises $2.5 Million For Its Mobile Engagement Platform SparkQuest
- Kony Solutions Raises $19.1 Million For Mobile Application Platform
- Localytics Raises $2.5 Million For Mobile Analytics Platform
- FeeFighters Raises $1.6 Million To Be The BillShrink For Business Services