Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s Lead The Way In Interactive iPhone Check-In Social Rewards
Although I would rather die in a pit, bitten by rats and my flesh taken by necrosis than eat at Hardee’s or Carl’s Jr, you have to admit that they do have a compelling social media marketing plan. CKE Restaurants, owners of Carl’s Jr and Hardee’s and famous for making food that is less popular than McDonalds, have created a location-based “coupon game” that allows you to spin a wheel to win valuable food prizes and potentially life-saving antibiotics for after the meal.
Here’s what Brad Haley, marketing head of CKE, has to say:
â€œIn a nutshell, what weâ€™re doing is dragging the antiquated punch-card type of loyalty programs into the 21st century,â€ said Brad Haley, executive vice president of marketing for Carlâ€™s Jr. and Hardeeâ€™s. â€œWe are not only offering a GPS-driven check-in app to keep track of customer visits digitally, but we are offering guaranteed rewards, a restaurant locator, a social media interface, streaming videos, menus, nutritional information and more.â€
Considering the closest Burger King ever got to a digital plan was Subservient Chicken, this is pretty heady stuff for the fast food industry.
- Billshrink Upgrades Its Statement Rewards With Rewards Discovery, Geolocation And Social Features
- Want To Get Rewards For Going Out? Good, Because LoSo Wants To Find You Free Drinks
- UsingMiles Is A One Stop Shop For Managing And Using Rewards From Loyalty Programs
- UsingMiles Raises $2.7 Million For Rewards Management Platform
- Heyzap Brings Social Discovery And Check-In For Games To The iPhone