> Study Finds DDoS Attacks Threaten Human Rights
Study Finds DDoS Attacks Threaten Human Rights
December 22nd, 2010 12:23
CWmike writes “A new study warned this week that DDoS attacks launched against sites run by human rights and dissident media groups threaten to knock free speech off the Web. The study, conducted by Harvard University’s Berkman Center for Internet & Society, showed that such attacks frequently knocked such sites offline. Of the sites surveyed by the center, 62% were victimized by DDoS attacks in the last 12 months, and 61% experienced unexplained downtime.”
Source: Study Finds DDoS Attacks Threaten Human Rights
- Chinese Human Rights Orgs Hit By DDoS
- UN Report Finds NSA Mass Surveillance Likely Violated Human Rights
- Has Progress Been Made In Fighting DDoS Attacks?
- Prosecuting DDoS Attacks?
- A Look At Advanced Targeted Attacks Through the Lens of a Human-Rights NGO
Categories: slashdot berkman center, center, CWmike, DDoS, ddos attacks, harvard university, Internet, media groups, security, source study, Study, technology, week