New Apple TV Sales To Top 1 Million This Week, iTunes TV Show And Movie Rentals Soaring
Apple just issued a release announcing that it expects to sell one million units of its newly released Apple TV later this week. Apple also announced that iTunes users are now renting and purchasing over 400,000 TV episodes and over 150,000 movies per day.
As of mid-October, Apple has sold around 250,000 new Apple TVs, which were released to the public in late September. During Apple’s third quarter earnings call, Apple CEO Steve Jobs commented on the new version of Apple TV, â€œItâ€™s a great product and its $99 price point is very enticing.â€
We’d heard reports that new Apple TVs were selling like hotcakes, thanks to a lower price point and a host of new features. Notably, with the new Apple TV, the company moved the product over to the streaming model, allowing users to stream movies and TV shows from the iTunes store or from a computer in your house.
- Apple Kills 99-Cent iTunes TV Show Rentals
- Apple In Talks To Bring $0.99 TV Rentals To ITunes
- Apple Now Has 200 Million iTunes Accounts, Biggest Credit Card Hub On Web
- Apple Announces 1 Million Users Have Joined Ping; Steve Jobs Defends iTunes 10 Logo
- Apple: iPhone 4S Sales Top Four Million; More Than 25 Million iOS 5 Users; Over 20 Million iCloud Signups