Electric Cars May Be Made Noisier By Law
msgtomatt writes “The Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act would require electric cars and hybrids to make noise, and would fund the Department of Transportation to create a set of rules for automakers, who would be allowed some leeway in how they carry out the guidelines.” Downloadable and do-it-yourself car-tones are the future: my own snoring could keep deer and toddlers off the road.
- Mazda Says Its Upcoming Gas-Powered Cars Will Emit Less CO2 Than Electric Cars
- Will Electric Cars and Solar Power Make Gasoline and Utilities Obsolete?
- Audi Gives Silent Electric Car Synthetic Sound
- Electric Cars: Drivers Love ‘Em, So Why Are Sales Still Low?
- Future of Cars: Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Or Electric?