Breaking: eBay Acquires Brands4Friends Private Sales Site For $200 Million
Germany’s largest fashion club has just been acquired by eBay for a whopping $200 million (â‚¬150 million). Although eBay’s acquisitions have almost stalled since the failed take-over of Skype, this strategic transaction makes sense.
brands4friends, founded in 2007, has seen strong growth over the past few years and has operations in multiple European countries. Mangrove Capital Partners and Partech have been among the investors and its Berlin office employees around 200 people.
- Nordstrom Acquires Flash Sales Site HauteLook For $270 Million
- eBay: Mobile Sales Grew From $600 Million To $2 Billion In 2010
- eBay Reportedly Goes Shopping, Acquires Milo.com For $75 Million
- Confirmed: Ebay Acquires Milo For $75 Million. Investors Make A Killing.
- Snooth Founder Launches Private Sales Site For Fine Wine, Raises $3 Million