Apple Removes WikiLeaks App From App Store
Looks like an unofficial iPhone and iPadÂ app that let you view WikiLeaks content and follow the WikiLeaks Twitter account on the has been removed from the app store tonight. The app used to be available here.
From the app’s description:
“The Wikileaks app gives instant access to the worldâ€™s most documented leakage of top secret memos and other confidential government documents.â€ You can now have all of the sensitive WikiLeaks data easily available on your iPhoneâ€¦”
Basically the paid app was essentially selling content available for free for $1.99. It’s entry into the app store on December 17th was actually surprising, as Apple is usually quite strict about its app approval standards and WikiLeaks is quite controversial, to put it lightly .
I’ve contacted both Apple and and the developer for more information and will update this post when they respond.
- WikiLeaks App Removed From Apple Store
- Apple Removes Gay Cure App From App Store
- Apple Removes Wi-Fi Finders From App Store
- WikiLeaks App Made $5,840 Before Pulled By Apple, Developer Will Donate $1 From Each Sale To WikiLeaks
- Apple Removes Camera+ iPhone App From The App Store After Developer Reveals Hack To Enable Hidden Feature