Intel’s Atom To Ship In Over 35 Tablets Next Year
nateman1352 writes with a bit from TechSpot: “Intel has been trying to cut itself a slice of the mobile market for years, and it seems the company is finally making some headway. During a conference yesterday, Intel CEO Paul Otellini revealed that the company’s Atom platform will ship in over 35 tablets starting early next year. The chipmaker has partnered with more than a dozen manufacturers who will launch slates running Windows [or] Android as well as Intel’s own MeeGo operating system.” The article lists Toshiba, Dell, Fujitsu, Lenovo, Asus, AT&T, Cisco, and Acer as developing Atom-based tablets.
- Intel Debuts Clover Trail For Tablets, Launches New Atom Inside
- Intel Announces Clover Trail+ Atom Platform For Smartphones and Tablets
- Intel Porting Android To x86 For Netbooks and Tablets
- Despite FTC Settlement, Intel Can Ship Oak Trail Without PCIe
- Intel’s Plans For X86 Android, Smartphones, and Tablets