Wildfire Launches A ‘Compete.com’ For Twitter And Facebook Accounts
For many years, the tech industry has gauged the success of websites by tracking usage stats like the number of unique visitors and page views the site receives each month. Wildfire, a service that helps companies run contests and social media campaigns via Twitter, Facebook, and email, is launching a new tool that looks to do the same for social media presences â€”Â in other words, it lets you visualize who has the most Twitter and Facebook followers, and how quickly they’ve grown over time. You can access the new monitor at http://monitor.wildfireapp.com.
The tool is pretty straightforward: enter the Twitter or Facebook accounts that you want to compare, and the site will plot out the total number of follower/fans they have. If you don’t want to bother finding the appropriate links to each profile, you can just enter the name of the company, and the tool will associate it with the proper social media accounts automatically (enter ‘Wal-Mart’, and it will show you Wal-Mart’s Twitter and Facebook accounts).
Media Monitor will add a little context to the data by showing the percentage change over recent time periods, and you can overlay multiple company profiles onto the same graph.
It’s a neat tool, but Wildfire isn’t the first service to offer these kind of analytics. TwitterCounter lets you easily visualize a user’s growth over time, and AllFacebook’s Pages tool does something similar for Facebook fans.
Disclosure: We recently used Wildfire to run a sweepstakes for the Cr-48.
- Wildfire Launches A ‘Compete.com’ For Twitter And Facebook Accounts
- Wildfire Gets A Major Upgrade, Launches Facebook Page Builder, Analytics, And More
- Firesheep In Wolves Clothing: App Lets You Hack Into Twitter, Facebook Accounts Easily
- BrightEdge: Majority Of Brands Do Not Have Facebook Or Twitter Accounts In Top Search Results On Google
- Twitter Launches ‘Connections,’ Its Own Version Of Facebook’s ‘Mutual Friends’