Wikileaks: Assange To Be Freed On Bail (Plus Bonus Downfall Parody)
Wikleaks head Julian Assange is to be freed on bail today. He will leave either from the High Court (pictured, with Media Scrum) or from Wandsworth Prison Prison, either today or tomorrow, but it looks like today. The Bail has to be paid into the court in cash (Â£220,000) by the close of play this evening for him to be able to walk. The uncertainty is down to the fact that getting sureties signed for bail may not be until tomorrow.
Interesting aside: His lawyer Mark Stephens said Assange has been staying in the same cell in Wandsworth prison as Oscar Wilde once did.
- Assange Granted Bail, But Appeal By Sweden Puts Him Back In The Cells
- Julian Assange Refused Bail – Will Stay In UK Custody Until 14 Dec Extradition Hearing
- Michael Moore Posts Julian Assange’s Bail
- Swedish Court Order Detention of Wikileaks Founder Assange
- Swedish Court Orders Detention of Wikileaks Founder Assange