Posterbee Pivots To Help Teams Share Ambient Info
Posterbee is relaunching today – yes, they’re pivoting! – as a more efficient way for teams to share what the Estonian startup refers to as “ambient information”, such as news, slides, reports and videos.
It combines elements of Facebook’s news feed (these are called ‘streams’), including the ability to comment on any shared item, with the ‘bookmarklet’ functionality of, say, Delicious. Another comparison might be the sharing aspect of Yammer or its many competitors. And in fact Posterbee originally launched in September as a more generic group communications app not dissimilar in concept to the new Facebook groups, but is now targeting knowledge workers and other small teams through what’s being pitched as a better alternative to email or IM for sharing information, which no doubt it is.
- Facebook Launches ThreatExchange To Let Companies Share Threat Info
- Yobongo’s Secret Sauce: Ambient Real-Time Communication
- A Hacked WiFi Router, an API, and a Toy Bus: It’s the Ambient Bus Arrival Monitor
- Study Hints Ambient Radio Waves May Affect Plant Growth
- Facebook Launches ‘Send’ Button For More Selective Sharing, Announces 50 Million ‘Groups’