The Woman Who’s Making Your Privacy Her Business
davecb writes “The woman who faced down Facebook and was dissed by Silicon Valley business boys as ‘an old-fashioned scold’ is really one of the early advocates for using the internet for access to information, and to open up government. The Globe and Mail has an interview with Jennifer Stoddart, the privacy commissioner of Canada, who went up against Facebook for all of us, and made them back down.”
- Canada Says Google Wi-Fi Sniffing Collected Personal Data
- Ask Slashdot: Facebook, Twitter For Business, Is It Worth the Privacy Trade-Off?
- Silicon Valley Firms Want To Nix Calif. Internet Privacy Bill
- Married Woman Claims Facebook Info Sharing Created Dating Profile For Her
- January 28 is Data Privacy Day