CityVille Hits 6 Million Daily Active Users In 8 Days
Zynga’s newest game, CityVille, is the fastest growing game in the company’s history. But we already knew that. It had nearly 300,000 players in the first 24 hours, and 3 million daily active users in its first week.
But it’s growth ramp keeps on going crazy. Now, not quite two days after it hit the 3-million user mark, it is already at 6 million daily active users, we’ve learned from the company. To put that in perspective, that is four times faster than it took FrontierVille to get to 6 million daily active users, and more than five time faster than it took FarmVille.
Time It Took To Get To 6 Million Daily Active Users
FarmVille: 46 days
FrontierVille: 32 days
CityVille: 8 days
How did CityVille, a social city-building game, grow so fast? It was the first time Zynga did an international launch in five languages (English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian), with a big marketing push and localized games in different countries. It also leveraged Zynga’s other existing games to kickstart CityVille. With Zynga, every new game seems bigger than the last. It’s kind of scary.
- Will CityVille Be First To Blow Past 100 Million Monthly Active Users?
- Zynga’s CityVille Game Already At 3 Million Daily Active Users (Le Web)
- Zynga’s CityVille Now More Than 25 Percent Bigger Than FarmVille
- Zynga’s CityVille Springs To A Metropolis Overnight (Surprised?)
- How Zynga’s CityVille Drew 70 Million Players In Less Than a Month