Apple, Google Diss the DoD Over Mobile Security
Julie188 writes “The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) has long supported the use of BlackBerry smartphones for soldiers. It built a system called Go Mobile to provide secure communications, training, and collaboration applications to mobile soldiers. DISA recently decided to add Android and iPhone to the list of approved devices because of high demand from users. Unfortunately, this choice has become a giant pain in the flank. Why? Because both Apple and Google refuse to give DISA access to their security APIs.”
- US Wants Apple, Google, and Microsoft To Get a Grip On Mobile Privacy
- Apple, Google Vying For Mobile Game Exclusivity
- Did Apple Buy Fingerprint Security Firm For Mobile Wallet?
- Network Effects: How Google & Apple Dominate Mobile
- 400 Percent Increase In Android Malware; Mobile Security Threats At Record High