Dennis Crowley Sort Of Confirms They Turned Down A $140M Acquisition Offer
Le Meur guessed around $140 million (whether that offer came from Facebook, Yahoo or another company wasn’t really mentioned, but they are the likely bidders and the topic of the on-stage conversation was Facebook when the question dropped).
Crowley didn’t deny it, and then went on to acknowledge that number is “ballpark”.
Which means they turned down a $140 million-ish offer when they’d only raised about $1.35 million in seed funding – they went on to raise $20 million more after the buyout talks died down. Visionary or foolish?
- Dennis Crowley’s Mom Actually Bought Him That Gap Ad Outfit
- (Founder Stories) Dennis Crowley On The Origins Of Foursquare
- Dennis, Tell Us How You Really Feel About Facebook
- The Truth About Why Path Turned Down A $100 Million Acquisition Offer From Google
- Foursquare Hits 2 Million Check-ins, 25K New Users Daily