Twitter Gains Much-Needed Instagram Support And Full Songs From Rdio
For the past few months, probably something close to half of my tweets have been links that take you off of the site. My bad. But tonight I have good news! If you too are addicted to Instagram â€” which it seems about a quarter of the people I follow on Twitter are â€” you’ll no longer have to leave twitter.com to view those pictures. Yes, New Twitter has expanded their right pane to include a number of new third party sites tonight, including the popular mobile photo sharing startup.
So who else is joining the pane? Blip.tv, Rdio, SlideShare, and Dipdive. These added to the ones that launched alongside New Twitter such as YouTube, Flickr, USTREAM, and more recently, iTunes, means that less and less, you’ll have to click away from twitter.com. With these additions, they now have over 20 content partners for the right-side pane. It’s becoming quite the platform itself.
And they’re not done yet. “In the next few months weâ€™ll integrate with more content partners,” the company writes tonight on the Twitter Blog.
While Instagram is a much welcomed addition, Rdio is also an awesome one because it means users can share full-length songs for the first time on Twitter. You’ll recall that iTunes sharing only including song previews.
- iTunes Ping Actually Goes Social With Full Twitter Integration. Facebook Still MIA.
- Instagram Gains Suggested Users, 7 New Languages, And Yes, 2 New Filters
- AOL’s Mobile-First Group Steps To The Stage With Play, An Instagram For Music
- New Twitter Now Showing Full Conversations In The Side Pane
- Apple Exec Phil Schiller Now Active On Twitter — And Instagram Too!