That Was Quick: eBay Adds Milo Results To Mobile ‘RedLaser’ Apps
Well, that didn’t take long. Ecommerce giant eBay is already adding local shopping results from Milo, a startup it has just acquired, to its RedLaser iPhone and (freshly released) Android applications.
RedLaser is eBay’s very own barcode-scanning application (at least since they acquired its makers), and thanks to the integration of Milo, people can now use it to instantly discover, through a single scan, which nearby retailers have which products in store, and at what price.
Milo has data from approximately 50,000 stores all across the United States.
eBay failed to mention how many downloads its RedLaser apps have seen to date, but it did boast about total downloads tripling since June of this year (when the RedLaster acquisition was announced).
The company is today formally launching RedLaser for Android, although it will release the SDK for the platform at a later time.
Both the Android app and iPhone app are free of charge.
- eBay’s Barcode Scanning App RedLaser Nearing Nine Million Downloads
- eBay Adds QR Codes To Barcode Scanning App RedLaser
- eBay’s iPhone App Combines Buying And Selling, Adds Barcode Scanning From RedLaser
- eBay To Merge Buying And Selling iPhone Apps; RedLaser For Android On The Way
- eBay Buys Mobile App Developer Critical Path Software