Social Stream Reader Threadsy Raises $3 Million In Series B Funding
Threadsy, the startup behind the eponymous all-in-one Web-based communication client, has raised $3 million in second-round funding, according to this SEC filing. This brings total funding for the TechCrunch 50 (2009) finalist to $6.3 million.
We’re still digging for who the investors are, but likely the fledging company’s previous backers, which include Maveron, August Capital and Harrison Metal Capital, participated in the round. We’ll update when we learn more.
We haven’t heard much from Threadsy since they opened their social stream reader, which allows users to access a single interface to retrieve and respond to updates from their contacts by email, Facebook, Twitter and whatnot, to the public last May.
The latest company blog post dates back to September 2010, when Threadsy announced a slew of new features and client enhancements.
We’ve contacted Threadsy CEO (and former eBay and Shopping.com exec) Rob Goldman to learn more about how the company is scaling, and what they plan to use the freshly raised financing for, but haven’t heard back yet.
- ChaCha Raises $20 Million In Series F Funding
- Newsy Raises $1.5 Million in Series B Funding For Mobile News
- Rocket Fuel Raises $6.6 Million Series C At $160 Million Valuation
- Mobile Backend As A Service Parse Raises $5.5 Million in Series A Funding
- Social Analytics Platform BackType Raises a Cool Million in Funding