CitySocialising Raises £1 Million In Series A Round Led By PROfounders Capital
CitySocialising, the subscription-based social network that lets members find local and likeminded people to socialise with in the real world, has secured Â£1m in a Series A round led by PROfounders Capital, the European VC fund backed by the likes of Brent Hoberman and Michael Birch.
PROfounders’ previous investments include Made.com, TweetDeck and Keynoir, while CitySocialising’s original early-stage funding in March 2009 was provided by the London Business Angels network. The new investment will be used for product development and expansion, including mobile, along with recruitment of “key Executives” including Marketing and Business Development Director and Product Manager.
- Tesla Co-founder’s Wrightspeed Raises $5 Million Series A Round
- Coraid Raises $25 Million Series B To “Disrupt The Data Storage Market”
- SnagAJob.com Snags $27 Million Series C From August Capital, Others
- Aylus Networks Secures $16m series D Lead By London’s m8 Capital
- Searchmetrics Raises A $6.75 Million C-round To Expand Globally