Liberty Exchanges IAC Stake For Evite, Gifts.com And $220 Million In Cash
Big move for Liberty Media and Barry Diller’s IAC today. The former has exchanged its entire equity stake in the Internet company for a combination of assets and cash in a transaction intended to be tax-free to both companies. Liberty has exchanged approximately 12.8 million shares of IAC stock for all of the capital stock of a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAC that holds the Evite and Gifts.com businesses, and approximately $220 million in cash.
(Updates on the way)
- IAC Elects Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner To Expanded Board
- WiFi Chipsets Maker Celeno Raises $12 Million From Liberty Global, Others
- Sohu.com Buys Majority Stake In Gaming Company 7Road For Up To $100 Million
- Shutterfly Acquires Online Stationery Company Tiny Prints For $333 Million In Cash And Stock
- ANSYS Acquires Apache Design Solutions For $310 Million In Cash