Eduardo Saverin Beats Mark Zuckerberg to Indonesia
Someone needs to make me a “Where in the world is Eduardo Saverin?” logo. Following up on my story that he was holed up in a penthouse in Singapore investing in Facebook games, comes news that Saverin has hopped over to Indonesia to meet with some startups.
Pictured to the left is Saverin with Aria RajasaÂ of GantiBaju– a company I wrote about here that won the SparkxUp awards in Jakarta last month. Said one person in Jakarta’s Web scene, “It was supposed to be a secret, but some people can’t keep a photo with him to themselves.”
In case we all forgot, Indonesia is Facebook’s second largest market, and Facebook has neglected to send an executive there to check things out. (Although I should give them props for calling back Nexian after this post ran.) No doubt Saverin got a hero’s welcome as the first Facebook founder to show local entrepreneurs any love.
- Where in the World Is Eduardo Saverin? In Singapore Funding Facebook Games.
- Exclusive: Facebook Co-Founder Eduardo Saverin Leads $6.5M Round For Jumio
- Peter Thiel: Facebook Co-Founder Eduardo Saverin Did A Poor Job, Got Rich Anyway
- Senators To Unveil the ‘Ex-Patriot Act’ To Respond To Facebook’s Saverin
- Facebook Billionaire Eduardo Saverin Leads Qwiki’s $8 Million Round