New European Startup Programme Resembles Y-Combinator Model
So we have Seedcamp, Startup Bootcamp, The Founder Institute, Launch48, Hackfwd and various other startup programme across Europe. And we can now add another to that list: Springboard.
But this is not the Springboard we wrote about last year. Then, it was the brainchild of Red Gate Software who were effectively offering a very informal arrangement, helping young startups. It was also B2B focused.
This is a different beast. The new Springboard programme has wisely realised that there is a gap in the European eco-system for the super-early stage startup that really just needs enough cash to create something. That is in the Y-Combinator and TechStars sort of area, which is much more at the hacker/product end of the market.
- New UK Programme Joins The Accelerator Vogue, Offers Evergreen Funding
- Google’s European M&A Man Leaves To Explore New Startup Fund
- Yuri Milner, SV Angel Offer EVERY New Y Combinator Startup $150k
- Startup Veterans Launch Imagine K12, A “Y Combinator For Education Startups”
- Seattle Startup Thinkfuse Scores $500k By Hanging Around During Y Combinator Demo Day