Apple, Microsoft, Google Attacked For Evil Plugins
nk497 writes “A Mozilla exec has attacked Apple, Microsoft and Google for installing plugins without users’ permission. “Why do Microsoft, Google, Apple, and others think that it is an OK practice to add plug-ins to Firefox when I’m installing their software packages?” Asa Dotzler asks “That is precisely how a Trojan horse operates… These additional pieces of software installed without my consent may not be malicious but the means by which they were installed was sneaky, underhanded, and wrong.” He called on them to “stop being evil.”"
- So Much For Standards, Google Says WebM Plugins Coming Soon For Safari And IE9
- Google To Push WebM With IE9, Safari Plugins
- Who Won The 6,000+ Nortel Patents? Apple, RIM, Microsoft — Everyone But Google
- Mozilla To Enable Click-To-Play For All Firefox Plugins By Default
- Location-Software Maker Sues Google, Saying It’s Being Evil (& Microsoft-like)