Smartphone Sales In Asia On The Rise, Android Tops Symbian
We can’t say we’re really surprised: according to market research company Gfk, smartphones are getting increasing popular in Asia, with Android now being the region’s most popular OS for this type of handsets. Cell phones with the Google software on board have reportedly enjoyed brisk sales in that region in the second and third quarters of 2010.
- Android Passes Symbian As Most-Shipped Mobile Platform
- Analysis: Android Dominates Q3 Worldwide Smartphone Sales
- Smartphone Sales: Apple Squeezed, Blackberry Squashed, Android 81.3%
- Gartner: iPhone Loses Market Share; While Android Grabs More Than 50 Percent Of Smartphone Sales
- Gartner: Android OS Sales Trumps iOS And RIM, Grew 888 Percent In 2010