Nokia Expands Management Team With A CMO: Verizon Vet Jerri DeVard
Nokia has appointed Jerri DeVard as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, a new role that comes into effect as of January 1, 2011. DeVard is a 25-year marketing vet, with relevant experience in the telecom industry – she served as Senior Vice President for Marketing and Brand Management at Verizon from 2003 to 2007.
DeVard started her own marketing consultancy agency, called DeVard Marketing Group and based in New York. As a Principal at the firm, she provided counsel to Microsoft, among other consumer-focused companies. I mention that, of course, because Nokia’s new CEO, Stephen Elop, hails from the Redmond software company.
DeVard will join Nokia’s Group Executive Board and report to Niklas Savander, Executive Vice President and head of Nokia’s Markets unit.
- Nokia CEO Stephen Elop: Work On First Windows Nokia Phones Has Begun
- Nokia Names Microsoft’s Elop As New CEO
- Nokia Confirms Microsoft Partnership, New Leadership Team
- Nokia’s Elop Set To Receive $25 Million Bonus After Acquisition
- Nokia Microsoft Is Like Yahoo Bing – Nokia’s Days As Innovator Are Over