Facebook To Own the Word “Face”
Dthief writes “The U.S. Patent And Trademark Office has sent Facebook a Notice of Allowance, which means it will grant the ‘Face’ trademark to the popular social networking site. Facebook now has three months to pay an issue fee before they officially own the word. From the article: ‘For all intents and purposes today’s status update bodes well for Facebook’s hold over “Face” usages in “Telecommunication services, namely, providing online chat rooms and electronic bulletin boards for transmission of messages among computer users in the field of general interest and concerning social and entertainment subject matter, none primarily featuring or relating to motoring or to cars.”’”
Source: Facebook To Own the Word “Face”
- Patent Office Agrees To Facebook’s “Face” Trademark
- Facebook Has Already Trademarked ‘Face’ In Europe – Is ‘Book’ Next?
- Federal Judge: Facebook Must Face Suit For Scanning Messages
- The USPTO Is Reviewing Facebook’s Trademark For ‘Facebook.’ Wait, What?
- Facebook Asserts Trademark On “Book” In New User Agreement