WordPress Rolls Out “Top Authors” Stats With A Bonus
A couple weeks ago, we noted that WordPress was testing out a new Top Author stat area on the Site Stats page found on WordPress.com blogs. Today, they’ve rolled out the feature with a couple little bonuses.
First of all, the widget itself has been prettied-up quite a bit from the one we shared. You’ll now see author icons next to the author names. More importantly, you’ll see a plus sign, which, when clicked, presents a drop down that shows you exactly what stories by that author are brining in traffic on any given day. WordPress also removed the number of posts area, after that caused some confusion. “the top spot is not about who wrote the most posts, itâ€™s about which author wrote the posts that got the most visits,” they note.
WordPress says that they liked the new icon and drop down so much, that they’ve also added it to the Referrers box as well. The result is a simple way to see things like which Twitter account is sending the most traffic your way. Pretty nifty.
WordPress says the stats upgrade is available for all blogs on WordPress.com and it will automatically appear if your blog has two or more authors with traffic on their posts. They also note that these features will be coming to the Stats plugin for self-hosted blogs shortly.
- Down Goes Arrington: WordPress.com Getting Top Author Stats Shortly
- Automattic Launches Jetpack, Gives WordPress.org Users WordPress.com Perks
- WordPress 3.3 Update Is Slick: Tumblr Importer, iPad Optimization, Co-Editing Alerts
- Massive Number of Godaddy WordPress Blogs Hacked
- WordPress.com Adds WordPress, Twitter And Facebook Comments (In That Order)