Find My iPhone Now Free For All iPhone 4, iPad And iPod Touch 4G Users
Apple has announced that the extremely useful Find My iPhone feature that was available for MobileMe service will be free for all users.
Apple has announced this wonderful news along with the iOS 4.2 announcement, which some of our readers are reporting is already available via iTunes.
Apple announced the news in the press statement:
The Find My iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) feature is now free to use without a MobileMeâ„ subscription and helps you locate your missing device.* The Find My iPhone app is a free download on the App Storeâ„ and lets users easily locate a missing device on a map and have it display a message or play a sound. Users can even remotely lock or wipe data from a lost device to protect privacy.
*The free Find My iPhone feature is available for iPhone 4, iPad or new iPod touch (4th generation).
This is great news for all the current generation iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users but disappointing if youâ€™re an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and older iPod Touch user.
We hear that there might be a work around to get the free Find my iPhone service on the unsupported devices. Weâ€™ll let you how to achieve it shortly.
International users, please note that Find my iPhone service is not available in all countries.
Please let us know what you think of Apple making Find my iPhone free in the comments section below.
- How To Set Up Find My iPhone For Free On Older iPhone And iPod Touch Models
- Sn0wbreeze 2.1 To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G, Apple TV 2G iOS 3.2.2 For iPad Released
- YourTube: Jailbreak App Allows Users To Download YouTube Videos To iPod Library On Their iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch
- JailbreakMe 3.0 Released To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G On iOS 4.3.3 Using Mobile Safari
- Untethered iOS 6.1 evasi0n Jailbreak Arrives For iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch