Apple iOS 4.2 Hands-On
adeelarshad82 writes “Apple’s highly-anticipated iOS 4.2 update for iPad, iPhone, and the iPod touch finally arrived this morning, along with an update for Apple TV. The update includes Airplay, which enables wireless streaming of video, photos, and music from your iOS device to Apple TV. AirPlay is an exciting new development for iOS device owners who also have Apple TVs. As long as the devices are on the same wireless network, they automatically detect each other. AirPlay also lets users multitask while streaming video to an Apple TV. Unfortunately though, AirPlay is a one-way street. Users cannot stream something they rented on Apple TV to their iOS device. The iOS 4.2 update also included the introduction of AirPrint, which is the wireless printing solution for the iPad. (The ability to print to a printer attached to a local PC or Mac was dropped from the release, however.) Other minor changes Apple squeezed into this update were: better Word document fidelity in iWork, multi-tasking, and Game Center.”
Source: Apple iOS 4.2 Hands-On
- iOS 4.2 Beta Released; Brings AirPrint Wireless Printing To iOS Devices; iOS 4 Features To iPad
- Apple Removes Print To PDF App From App Store For Using AirPrint
- Rumor: Apple Cancels AirPrint Feature To Print Via Shared Printers On Macs and PCs
- Apple Releases iOS 4.2 Beta 2 And iTunes 10.1 Beta To Developers
- Apple Releases First Developer Preview Of Mac OS X Lion With New AirDrop Feature – Will It Come To iOS?