Q&A Site Formspring Lands Another $10 Million
Q&A siteÂ Formspring, which raised $2.5 million in Series A funding back in March, announced it Series B this morning in a $10 million round led by Geoff Yang at Redpoint Ventures.Â This most recent financing pegs the company at a $45 million dollar valuation.
Formspring is yet another player in the Q&A space piquing investor interest.Â Since its launch in November, the service now boasts over 16 million registered members, 40 million monthly uniques and around one billion questions answered. Quora, another buzzed about Q&A site, is much much smaller at a modestÂ 200,000Â monthly uniques.
Formspring plans to use the cash to focus on building out more social integration into its service. Its first financing round attracted such hot angel investors as SV Angel, Travis Kalnick, Kevin Rose andÂ Dave Morin.
- Formspring Closes $11.5 Million Round, Launches ‘Respond’ Button
- The Kids Are All Right. Formspring Pageviews Are Up 65 Percent Since September
- Formspring Names Ro Choy COO; Has Answered Three Billion Questions To Date
- Formspring’s Marketing Moment Comes With Its First Promoted Question Of The Day
- Formspring Wants To Keep You Interested – Will It Succeed?