Zemanta Raises $3 Million From Union Square, Eden, To Help You “Blog Smarter”
Exclusive – Zemanta, which assists bloggers by providing tips, suggesting content and helping them promote their contributions to the world, has recently secured its largest venture capital round to date. Previous investors Union Square Ventures and Eden Ventures have injected another $3 million into the European startup, bringing its total of capital raised since its inception to roughly $6 million.
The startup, which won Seedcamp back in 2007, says it now expects to be able to reach profitability without the need for further capital injections.
Zemanta has witnessed a strong surge in users this year, cofounder and CEO BoÅ¡tjan Å petiÄ tells me. Aided by partnerships with blogging platform juggernauts WordPress and Blogger forged last Summer, the company has logged 100,000 active users last month, which is 10x what it saw a year ago. Å petiÄ also tells me Zemanta delivers a staggering 1 million recommendations on a daily basis these days.
The fresh funding will be used for ramping up sales and marketing efforts, and new and better products for bloggers. A demo of its capabilities can be found here.
- Union Square Ventures Is Raising A New $200 Million Opportunity Fund
- Stack Overflow, Now Stack Exchange Inc, Raises $12M From Union Square Ventures And Others
- Union Square’s New Fund Is All About Growing With The Network
- Confirmed: Index And Union Square Invest In SoundCloud
- Coupa Raises $12 Million To Help Companies Spend Smarter