Stipple Raises $2M From Kleiner Perkins, Mike Maples … And Justin Timberlake
Stipple, the San Francisco startup that lets people label, share and monetize pictures on the Web, today announced that it has raised a $2 million seed round co-led by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Mike Maples’ FLOODGATE, a mere 3 months after launching.
Other contributors to the round include singer/actor Justin Timberlake (yup, that guy who played the role of Sean Parker in The Social Network), Naval Ravikant, Eghosa Omoigui, Global Brain Corporation, Quest Venture Partners, Parkview Ventures, John Ferber and Rick Marini.
Stipple offers free tools to easily label the content of pictures online. Once a photo has been labeled, Stipple connects the label to realtime information, advertising or product offers. The company recently launched a new feature called People Dots (video), enabling users to label people in any photo on the Web, not just those hosted on social networks.
At its launch, Stipple announced partnerships with Six Apart, JIVE Label Group, Atlantic Records and E.W. Scripps Company.
- SoundCloud Raises $50 Million Round Led By Kleiner Perkins
- He’s Bringing Myspace Back: Justin Timberlake Takes A Stake
- Bidding War For Twitter Raises Valuation To Nearly $4 Billion. Kleiner Perkins Currently In Pole Position
- Stipple Opens The Kimono To Reveal A Product Tagging Platform With Massive Potential
- Offermatic Raises $4.5 Million From Kleiner Perkins And Top Notch Angel Investors