SlingPlayer Mobile For iPad Coming Soon
iPad users have been eagerly waiting for Sling to release their app for the iPad. Based on the preview, the user interface of the iPad app is quite similar to the iPhone app.
SlingPlayer will be releasing the app for the iPad as a separate application rather than as a universal app. This means that you will have to shell out $30 even if you have already purchased the iPhone for $30.
SlingMedia has also confirmed that the iPad version would only work with Slingbox PRO-HD and Slingbox SOLO, since iPad supports higher resolution content, which are not supported on older hardware.
As of now, there is no word as to when the App would go live on the App Store. But we have reasons to believe that this would be happening very soon.
You can checkout the video walkthrough of the iPad app below:
Have you been waiting for the iPad app? Are you willing to pay $30 for it? Let us know in the comments section below.
- Sling Releases SlingPlayer For iPad
- SlingPlayer Mobile for iPad Now Available In App Store
- iPad News Roundup: Apple Wins Crucial iPad Patents, SlingPlayer Mobile On iPad Coming Soon
- AT&T Will Allow ‘Optimized’ 3G Sling App for iPhone
- iOS 4.2 For iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch Coming In November; Brings iOS 4 Features To iPad, Includes Wireless Printing, AirPlay Features