Horizontal Scaling of SQL Databases?
still_sick writes “I’m currently responsible for operations at a software-as-a-service startup, and we’re increasingly hitting limitations in what we can do with relational databases. We’ve been looking at various NoSQL stores and I’ve been following Adrian Cockcroft’s blog at Netflix which compares the various options. I was intrigued by the most recent entry, about Translattice, which purports to provide many of the same scaling advantages for SQL databases. Is this even possible given the CAP theorem? Is anyone using a system like this in production?”
- Scaling, Scaling, Scaled: textPlus Turns Two, Hits 10 Billion Messages Sent Milestone
- Work with Hadoop and NoSQL Databases with Toad for Cloud
- A Tale of Two Databases, Revisited: DynamoDB and MongoDB
- Apple Replaces Google And Skyhook Databases With In-House Database To Provide Location-Based Services
- Fluidinfo, Wikipedia For Databases