Ron Conway’s Crystal Ball: 12 Startups To Watch
Today at the Web 2.0 Summit, esteemed angel investor Ron Conway took the stage to give attendees a quick taste of the innovation that’s currently going on in Silicon Valley (and NYC’s Silicon Alley, which Conway specifically mentioned). To do that, he brought twelve of SV Angel’s portfolio companies on stage. Sure, it may have been a bit self-serving because Conway has a vested interest in each of them, but given that Conway has seen countless pitches (and invested in hundreds of startups), his top twelve list is worth reading.
Here are the startups that Conway invited on stage:
- Votizen â€”Â A platform for helping citizens connect with government representatives. See our past coverage here.
- BankSimple – Trying to fix banking; will be launching a BankSimple card next year, and will offer an API to developers to help build an open banking platform. Our coverage here.
- Blekko – A new search engine that lets you filter queries using slash tags. After launching two weeks ago, it’s up to a million queries per day. Our past coverage here.
- Hipmunk – An improved, smarter flight search engine. See our past coverage here.
- Optimizely – An easier way to conduct A/B testing. See our past coverage here.
- 1000memories â€”Â A way to remember deceased friends and loved ones on the web. See our past coverage here.
- ElationEMR – Details seem vague at this point, but sounded like this involves electronic records.
- Greplin – A service that lets you search across all of your web accounts: Dropbox, Gmail, Facebook, etc. You can see our past coverage here.
- Savewave – Dealing with fully digital grocery coupons. See our past coverage here.
- Top Guest â€”Â Earn airline miles, points, etc. in return for checking into venues. See our past coverage here.
- Beautylish – A social commerce site that’s focused on cosmetic products. We just wrote about the company today.
- GroupMe – A rapidly growing service that makes it easy to send group text messages and set up conference calls. See our past coverage here.
- Ron Conway’s SV Angel Rakes In Another $9 Million
- Stealth Startup Inporia Raises $1.25 Million From Ron Conway, 500 Startups And More
- Ron Conway, Chris Sacca And Others Invest 800K In PaaS Dotcloud
- Australian Incubator StartMate Graduates Its First Class of Startups
- David Lee and Ron Conway Bust Entrepreneur Myths on Stage at Disrupt