Official Google Voice iPhone App Now Available In App Store
Google has finally released their official Google Voice application for the iPhone.
Back in September, we had reported that Apple had approved the official Google Voice app to the App Store but did not release it as it was apparently being revamped by Google to support the iPhone 4 and the multitasking capabilities of iOS 4.x.
The official Google Voice application gives you access to the following features:
Cheap rates for international calls
Free text messaging to U.S. numbers
Display your Google Voice number as caller ID when making calls
Google Voice app also includes the following features, which Google believes will make using Google Voice on your iPhone a much better experience:
With push notifications, the app will alert you instantly when you receive a new voicemail or text message
Most of your calls will be placed via Direct Access Numbers, making them connect just as quickly as regular phone calls
You can download the official Google Voice application from for free the App Store using this iTunes link.
As always, let us know what you think of the official Google Voice iPhone app in the comments section below.
[via Google Mobile Blog]
- GV Connect: First Google Voice iPhone App Hits The App Store
- GV Mobile+: Popular Google Voice iPhone App Returns To The App Store
- Official Google Voice App Reportedly Approved By Apple; Mozilla Has No Plans To Build Full Firefox Browser For iPhone
- First Google Voice App Hits the App Store
- Official Google Voice App Approved For iOS