Intel Capital Invests $77 Million in 18 Startups Worldwide
Intel Capital, Intel’s investment arm, has just announced that it has made 18 investments spanning 11 countries, totaling a whopping $77 million. Intel also announced that the venture firm has seen 28 exists of Intel Capital portfolio companies either through an IPO or an acquisition in 2010.
The new investments for Intel Capital include Adaptivity, Althea Systems, Anobit, boo-box, De Novo, IPTEGO, Layar, Lilliputian Systems, Inc, Ortiva Wireless, Rock Flow Dynamics, Select-TV, SilkRoad, Taifatech, Videon Central, Verismo Networks, Winchannel, YuMe and Yummly.com. The firm also made several follow-on investments in existing portfolio companies including GainSpan, JackBe, Fonality, TecTotal and Wortal.
According to the release, the investments centered around supporting startups that were innovating in the PC and server segments, including cloud computing, mobile and access to broadband wireless in geographies around the world. Investments also supported technologies related to Smart TV, tablets and smartphones.
- Intel Backs Three Startups From The Middle East: Nymgo, Jeeran, ShooFeeTV
- Intel Invests $26 Million In CloudMade, Kaltura and Others
- Intel Capital Augments Layar’s Reality With A $14 Million Capital Infusion
- Runa Capital Ups It Fund To $50M For Early-Stage Russian Startups
- Intel Capital and Others Put $10 Million In Virtualization Infrastructure Startup Virtustream