“New TV” Advertising Platform BlackArrow Raises Funding From Motorola Ventures
BlackArrow, an a company that provides advertising products for “new TV” platforms, has raised funding from Motorola through its investment arm, Motorola Ventures. The company says that the investment is an extension of BlackArrow’s previously announced $20 million Series C funding round earlier this year. Terms of Motorola’s investment were not disclosed. To date BlackArrow has raised a total of $73 million.
BlackArrown creates advertising for new TV platforms, such as video-on-demand, DVR, mobile devices and broadband. For example, the company’s technology allows networks to place advertisements in TV programming, and will show the ads even if people try to skip over ads with their DVRs.
As part of the announcement, the two companies will develop integrated advertising offerings for set-top boxes, mobile devices, and cloud-based, hosted video services and IP video delivery. BlackArrow says that it will use Motorola’s funding for new product development and global deployment of their advertising offerings to content distributors and networks.
- Time Warner Invests In TV Advertising Technology Company BlackArrow
- Mobile Advertising Startup GoldSpot Media Raises $12 Million
- Offermobi Raises $1M For Performance-based Mobile Advertising Platform
- Cleversafe Raises $31.4 Million From Motorola, VC Firms And … The CIA?
- Location-Based Mobile Advertising Company JiWire Raises $20 Million