EMC Buys Enterprise Data Storage Company Isilon For $2.25 Billion In Cash
Isilon is know for its “Scale-out NAS” storage systems, which offer customers a highly scalable, low-cost storage infrastructure for managing “Big Data.” Clients who need Isilon’s data storage capabilities include those in life sciences (e.g. gene sequencing), media and entertainment (e.g. online streaming), and oil and gas (e.g. seismic interpretation).
- Accel Adds Enterprise Data Storage And Infrastructure Exec Kirk Bowman As Venture Partner
- Time Warner Buys Enterprise Hosting And Cloud Services Company NaviSite For $230M
- EMC Buys Network Security Monitoring And Analysis Company NetWitness
- Confirmed: Dell Buys Storage Company Compellent For $820 Million
- Nuance Buys Enterprise Print Management Software Developer Equitrac For $157M In Cash