Business Reviews Site Angie’s List Raises Another $2.5 Million
Angieâ€™s List, which offers consumer-focused information and reviews of businesses online, this morning announced that it has closed on $2.5 million in additional financing from its most recent round, which came from multiple institutional investors and totaled $22.5 million.
The additional capital infusion comes from San Francisco-based Saints Capital.
The company says it will use the additional investment to expand its Health and Wellness consumer reviews product, as well as its â€œThe Big Dealâ€ local group coupon program. The company expects to offer local group coupons in more than 50 markets by the end of 2010.
Angie’s List has been around since 1995 and says it now serves more then 1 million paid members, primarily via its website, but still offering a call-in service and a monthly magazine.
With the $2.5 million extension of its most recent round, the company has raised $25 million in venture capital this year alone.
- Angie’s List Bets Wall St. Its Paid Membership Model Will Beat Yelp
- PowerReviews Raises $10 Million To Power Customer Reviews For Retailers And Brands
- Flash Sales Site Ideeli Raises $41 Million
- DiJiPOP Raises $1 Million For Digital Shopper Marketing Marketplace
- Snooth Founder Launches Private Sales Site For Fine Wine, Raises $3 Million