Open Source Software Company Talend Raises $34M; Acquires Sopera
Talend, a global provider of open source data solutions, has raised $34 million in new funding led by Silver Lake Sumeru, with existing investors Balderton Capital and IdInvest Partners participating. This brings Talend’s total funding to over $60 million.
Talend develops a range of open source data integration, data quality and master data management (MDM) solutions for the enterprise. Talend chooses to take an open approach by publishing the code of its core and base modules under a GPL license, offering the developer community the ability to improve the product and make enhancements that can benefit everyone.
The company also acquired Sopera, a provider of open source SOA and middleware platforms. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. Talend says that with the acquisition, IT organizations can now leverage a unified middleware platform that costs far less than proprietary technologies, delivers greater functionality and is easier to deploy and manage.
Earlier this year, Talend said its flagship open source data solutions have been downloaded more than seven million times and reported that its paying customer base grew 140% to well over 1,000 customers in 2009.
- Motorola Acquires IPTV Software Company Dreampark
- Taleo Acquires Talent Management Software Company Jobpartners For $38 Million
- Commercial Open Source Software Company Acquia Raises $8.5 Million More
- Antenna Acquires Mobile Internet Software Company Volantis
- Rising Open Source BMP Company Bonitasoft now has Offices in Oracle’s Back Yard