Google Asks Users To Complain Against Facebook
dkd903 writes “A kind of war has been going on recently between Facebook and Google over a contact export issue. First, Google blocked Facebook access to the Gmail contacts API. To this, Facebook responded back with a new method to get Gmail contacts of a user (the download contacts option). And now Google has slapped back again at Facebook and asks users indirectly to file a data protectionism complaint against Facebook. When a Facebook user clicks on the Download Your Contacts button on the ‘Facebook import contact via Gmail’ page, the user is then redirected to a new page on Google’s server, which looks something like this…“ Can I just say that watching this is absolutely hysterical?
- Google Asks Users To Complain Against Facebook
- Google No Longer Claims Facebook Will “Trap” Users. Or Do They?
- Google Gets Feisty, Kicks Data Portability Fight With Facebook Up A Notch
- The Only Backdoor Left To Sneak Your Facebook Friends Into Google+ Is Yahoo
- Facebook Removing Gmail From List Of Third Party Email Providers