Engineers Propose Lily Pad-Like Floating Cities
Zothecula writes “The idea of going offshore to satisfy our renewable energy needs isn’t new, but the grand vision of Japan’s Shimizu Corporation goes way beyond harnessing green energy at sea for use in cities on Terra firma – it takes the whole city along for the ride. The company, along with the Super Collaborative Graduate School and Nomura Securities, is researching the technical issues involved in constructing its Green Float concept – a self-sufficient, carbon-negative floating city that would reside in the Equatorial Pacific Ocean.”
- Floating Houses Designed For Low-Lying Countries
- WaveNET – the Floating, Flexible Wave Energy Generator
- Is Google Building a Floating Data Center In San Francisco Bay?
- What Every Programmer Should Know About Floating-Point Arithmetic
- MXP4?s Bopler Games App Turns Lily Allen Songs Into (Social) Gaming Music