Mobile-Based STD Test Kit To Improve Conditions In Third World, Frat Houses
The necessity of getting tested for STDs is often avoided as much from embarrassment as from fear of the outcome. Like buying condoms at the store, it’s a situation where your private life is suddenly exposed, and even though it’s not something to be ashamed of, it’s something you’d rather keep to yourself. People shy from going to the clinic or hospital, even when it’s a serious matter for themselves or others, because of this natural tendency to eschew public scrutiny.
A project at St. George’s University in London aims to prevent this problem by making STD testing as private as pregnancy testing. They’re doing so by developing a mobile phone-compatible chip that would be capable of returning results within 15 minutes.
- Pee On Your Phone STD Test
- Austin-based Portalarium Secures Funds From London-based m8 Capital For Mobile Social Games
- Mozilla Building Android Based Mobile OS
- iOS 5 Vs Windows Phone ‘Mango’: Mobile Safari Beats Internet Explorer 9 Mobile In HTML5 Speed Test
- Intel Demos Phone and Tablet In New Mobile Chip Push