Speaking Of… Rhymes and Medicine with ZDoggMD (TCTV)
A hotel party thrown by Tony Hsieh of Zappos. A group of people, crowded around a laptop, laughing at a video of a doctor rapping and singing about ulcers. Suddenly one of the group starts rapping out loud to the video. Now people are laughing so hard that they are crying….
This is how I came to know ZDoggMD, a rare – and virtually undiscovered – talent that I would now like to gift to the TechCrunch community.
ZDogg is a genuine doctor who uses YouTube as a creativity outlet to teach people about things like safe sex, delivering bad news, stayin’ healthy on vacation and hemorrhoids. When Hsieh asked how the world of being a doctor was going for him, ZDogg answered that he loved it but was frustrated with the fact that he couldn’t be himself. He told Tony that he’d love an outlet to share the raps he composes with a wider audience, hopefully to give people a good laugh but also to teach them a medical thing or two. Tony, being the zen like guy that he is, responded, “Why don’t you do it then?”. And so he did. The results are in the links above.
And, as an added bonus, the special song he made for our entrepreneurs and VCs kicks off my interview with ZDoggMD below.
- WITN: Can Tony Hsieh Deliver Happiness -And A Ready-Made Community – To Downtown Las Vegas? [TCTV]
- The Key To Happiness Is Being Yourself (TCTV)
- Speaking of… sex toys with Ethan Imboden from Jimmyjane [TCTV]
- Speaking of… Cindy Morgan, from Original TRON [TCTV]
- Speaking of… Using Your Medium with Reason’s Nick Gillespie (TCTV)