Nokia Reasserts Control Over Symbian OS
jfruhlinger writes “Nokia is asserting its control over the Symbian OS that runs many of its smartphones, taking the tasks of developing the operating system away from the independent Symbian Foundation, which will now focus on licensing and intellectual property issues. Of course, this also illustrates Symbian’s importance to Nokia’s smartphone plans, even though the company is also developing phones that run the Linux-based Meego OS.”
- Nokia Trades Symbian For MeeGo In N-Series Smartphones
- Nokia’s 808 PureView Officially the End of the Symbian Line
- In the Face of Android, Why Should Nokia Stick With MeeGo?
- Nokia Keeps Pumping Meego And Symbian – But What App Developer Will Now Bother?
- Symbian Sells Millions, Despite Nokia Pushing Windows Phone